Oh and right now I am in Ethiopia, and am required to do another blog as a part of my task assignment. You can check that out Journey in Jimma

http://www.magicicada-septendecim.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 75: Bubble Nest


Wow, can't believe that I have finished seventy five days of this. I had an extremely productive day today, so it feels good to be sitting here at 10:30 with a huge weight off my shoulders. I still have a lot more to do, but I took care of several important assignments, emails and tasks so that's a big positive. Today I've captured a photo of my betta fishe Krull's bubble nest. A betta makes a bubble nest when it is healthy, and wants to mate. If I was to introduce a female into the tank, they would breed by the male wrapping around her. The female would lay eggs on the bottom of the tank, and the male brings them up and drops them into the mass of bubbles. The mass is a little bigger in circumference than a golf ball and is raised about one centimeter above the water. It's really neat, and I am happy to see my fish happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment